[AccessD] Mucking around

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Sep 27 11:47:40 CDT 2007

Robert,

>About the only thing I do not put in a lookup is gender. And if someone
comes up with a 3rd alternative, I will probably change that to a table
also. :-)

UNK (unknown) which is actually in the data I import regularly.  But even in
this I use a table for the simple reason that a table provides ONE place to
look for the code.  If you don't provide a table then the combo selector has
to be hard coded.  It may be M in one combo and Male in another (and in this
day and age MAIL in another).  Thus if you want to be able to compare fruits
to nuts you pretty much have to have a common denominator.  PKID, Code.
Every time!

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting