[AccessD] sequel question

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 28 00:26:30 CDT 2007

Hi Arthur:

I was trying to make a complex problem simple but it does not seem to render
down that easily.

The problem is that there ended up being some duplicates in a table. They
could be grouped out but I needed to be able to delete only the second
duplicate. The solution was to select the matched data, put into a temp
table sorted in descending order. Using half the record count of the temp
table, used 'select top xx...' to create a sub-table in conjunction with In
and Delete the records could be easily removed.

DELETE * FROM RosterReportTemplate
WHERE (RosterReportTemplate.RecNum
In (select top " & intRecords & " recnum "
from tblRecord ORDER BY recnum desc;));"

Thanks for your help.
Jim