[AccessD] Friday (You Know)

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Fri Sep 28 11:17:50 CDT 2007

Well, zero is still zero, but if you work with a signed integer, it is
possible to have the sign as negative, and the value as zero. In doing a
comparison,  the process sees that as unequal, even though the value is
technically the same.

My boss loves to tell his 'negative zero' story....it would take 3 pages
to share, so I'll spare ya'll the boredom! ;)

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 10:51 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Friday (You Know)

Actually that was one of my first columns. It had this message box that
said
"The balance is not zero. The balance is 0.00". It all came about
because if
you put in a credit (minus) value first, the result would be minus zero.
Simple enough to fix with ABS(), but until then I didn't realize that
there
were two values for zero.

Arthur