[AccessD] Use Regex - Create Camel Case

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Fri Sep 28 16:55:12 CDT 2007

John, you are correct that a regex would be a good choice however you did
make the requirement that the first letter of each word had to be
capitalized.  Right??  So a regex really could not do this particular job
very well if at all.

Regular expressions are great for finding and manipulating patterns of
characters in one felled swoop, for example if you only wanted to remove
those pesky "extra" characters then something like the following would do
the trick:

Perl:
my $line =~ s/:| |\%|\*|\$|\@|\!|\#|\&|^|_|-|,|\.//g;
means to substitute all matching delimiters (g switch) with a nothing on
the contents of $line.  The s/pattern/replace/ expression is the
construct.

TCL:
this may be a little more clear to that replace all matches found (-all
switch) in $line with "" and put the new value in line.

VB.net I believe:
line = Regex.Replace(line, delimiters, "")

The old way would be to let VB loop through each delimiter one at a time
for each line whereas the regex engine does all the dirty work when you
specify all the delimiters at one time.  Make sense??

Mike...