[AccessD] Cancel an edit on a bound form

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:36:30 CDT 2008

I have recently had a complaint from a user of my app, to the effect that I
have provided no Cancel button. The form in question is Read-Only, and
provides one button (subject to security level) that permits edits. I have
successfully changed several fields and then pressed Escape and the several
changes were undone.

The client seems insistent upon having a button to click rather than
pressing the Escape key. I can live with this, but I am unsure what to code
behind this button. This is a bound form with many fields subdivided using
tabs. I need the code for a button that will undo any edits performed since
the "Edit" button was clicked. Escape works fine for me in my tests, but the
user for some reason doesn't like this and wants a button that does the
same. Fine. Fine. Fine.

TIA,
Arthur