[AccessD] Form flashes on timer event

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Apr 2 01:30:52 CDT 2008

Hi Rocky

First, I have a form with a similar function but updates are limited to every 10th second:

  If DatePart("s", Time) Mod 10 = 0 Then
    mdblTotalHours = mdblTotalHours + ((Me.TimerInterval / 1000) / 60) / 60
    Me.txtElapsedHours = DecHoursToHMS(mdblTotalHours)
  End If

This works fine but it is not A2003.

Second, create a new form with only this function. If it does not flash, something else is forced to update on your form in question and you will have to locate that.

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 02-04-2008 01:56 >>>
Dear List:

I've got a fairly complex bound form (no sub forms, though) with a timer on
it to keep track of elapsed time (timesheet form for a law firm).  SO they
can start and pause and cancel the timer with a couple of button.  And it
shows the elapsed time.

The timer interval is set to 1000 and each time the timer event fires the
screen flashes like it's being repainted.

Here's the code snip:

Private Sub Form_Timer()

If boolTrapErrors = True Then On Error GoTo Err_Form_Timer

    mdblTotalHours = mdblTotalHours + ((Me.TimerInterval / 1000) / 60) / 60
    Me.txtElapsedHours = DecHoursToHMS(mdblTotalHours)

where Me.txtElapsedHours  is obviously the box where the elapsed tiem is
being displayed.

This is legacy code.  DecHoursToHMS is a function:

    DecHoursToHMS = Format(dblHours / 24, "HH:MM:SS")

Is there a way to stop the flashing?  A2K3 BTW.

MTIA

Rocky