[AccessD] Swelling database

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu Apr 3 13:18:37 CDT 2008

Barbara - In order to get your database to the minimum size, do this:

1) Go to Tools|Options on the Advanced tab.
2) Select Access 2000 under Default File Format (leave this as a permanent
setting)
3) Close the database.
4) Create a shortcut to open your database.  Add this to the end of the
target field:   /decompile   This will be called your Decompile shortcut.
5) Open the database using this shortcut.  Go to a code module and select
Compile under the Debug menu.  This will optimize your code, removing some
old code behind the scenes.
6) Now compact your database.  You can create a separate shortcut to do this
by adding   /compact   at the end of the target string in the shortcut.
Call this your Compact shortcut.

Once you have these two shortcuts created, you can quickly Decompile,
Compile, and Compact your database.

HTH!
Dan