[AccessD] ldb

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 07:51:34 CDT 2008

Hi Catherine,

I don't have a solution for you but will ask the question that someone
else otherwise will. What version of Access are you using and what
version is the database stored in. Also you mentioned that "the Excel
files can't be renamed" so I am thinking you are using Excel data
linked into this database?  What version of Excel?  It is my
understanding that Database "bloat" seemed to get worse with database
versions after 2000. I think a lot of people have continued to keep
their databases in A2K format for that reason even if they are using
more recent versions of Access to work with them. Hopefully someone
else will chime in with some answers for you.

GK