[AccessD] Moving to Access 2007 - Here we go... (Resending...)

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Apr 21 10:30:40 CDT 2008

My new laptop came with Vista.  Looked nice.  Ran fine.  Tried to
install Office 97 (I currently run 97 and 2003 on all of my development
systems).  Wouldn't install.

Yes, I could use VPC to run 97 when I need it, but I prefer my OS to be
able to run the software I CURRENTLY use natively.

So after that error installing Office 97 (and a quick google search
verifying that Office 97 wouldn't install on Vista) and my laptop had XP
on it faster then you could say 'Microsoft screwed the pooch with
Vista'. ;)

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 9:50 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Moving to Access 2007 - Here we go...
(Resending...)

William,

I have to say I used to agree with you.  I finally broke down and
installed it on my DELL M90 and I am starting to like it.  Of course I
did break down and go back to the classic style menus, but the
performance is actually very good, and I love the full disk encryption.

I certainly wouldn't go with any of the entry level Vista packages
though.

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.