[AccessD] Counts of value ranges

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Apr 24 09:02:30 CDT 2008

I just wrote a query in Access:

SELECT qrptBilling.Bill, [Bill]<10 AS LT10, [Bill]<20 And [Bill]>=10 AS
GTE10LT20 FROM qrptBilling;

When I try to do the same thing in SQL Server it promptly wraps the
[Bill]<10 in single quotes and treats it as a string:

SELECT qrptBilling.Bill, '[Bill]<10' AS LT10, '[Bill]<20' And
'[Bill]>=10' AS GTE10LT20 FROM qrptBilling;

Obviously not what I am trying to get at.  So how does one accomplish
turning a value comparison into a boolean in SQL Server?