[AccessD] Find Number of Separate Addresses

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Mon Apr 28 11:02:11 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm thinking this should be easy, but I'm not getting it.  I have a
table of registered voters.  I want to send a postcard to each household
in this table, not to each individual.

The addresses have these address fields:
PrefixHouseNum - there aren't any in this table, but the fields come
from my state's qualified voters list, so. . .
HouseNumber
SuffixHouseNum
PrefixDirection - pre-directional for WayName, S, E, W, or N
WayName
WayType - such as St, Rd, Ave, Blvd, and so fort
SuffixDirection - post-directional, as in my address 5860 Aarwood Rd NW
ResExtension - apartment numbers and the like
City
State
Zip

There are 6329 registered voters in the local school district, many of
whom are married couples or other family arrangements.  I want to send
one postcard to a household.  It seems it should be simple for me to
find unique combinations of HouseNumber, SuffixHouseNum, ResExtension,
PrefixDirection, WayName, WayType, and SuffixDirection, but, doggone it,
I am not seeing how to do that.

Please help me think my way through this.

Thanks,
Tina