[AccessD] A2003: Merging top 50 files then next 50 files andsoon

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Aug 4 22:34:41 CDT 2008

Well, I'm not sure how much detail to get into here.  So I'll just take the
high level view and let me know if you need more detail.

Table is probably easier if you're not familiar with arrays.  Since you say
you can do the merges, I'll assume you have some way to get the file names
one by one and merge the files.  So create a table - one field - text -
stash all the files names in there one by one (use DAO).

Set the recordset pointer back to the first record.  Open your first output
file.  Initialize a counter to 0.  Use a Do While rs.EOF = False fetching
each file name in turn.  Open it and merge it into the output file.

Bump your counter.  If the counter=50 then close the output file, open the
next output file, and set the counter back to 0.

Stuart just posted something that looks like a real good framework.

Will this work for you?

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334