[AccessD] Centura?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Aug 8 03:21:39 CDT 2008

Hi Rocky

By Centura he probably means Unify/Gupta (formerly Centura) Team Developer found here:

  http://www.unify.com/Products/TeamDeveloper/default.aspx

I have no experience with this. However, maintenance of such application must be difficult due to the - I guess - limited count of qualified developers for this.

/gustav

PS: What is clocketing (crocheting?) business about?

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 08-08-2008 00:57 >>>
Dear List:

Got an inquiry from a client for whom I'm developing a product.  He writes:

A big player in the docketing business sells a program that uses Centura for
its front end, and SQL Server for its back end.  They say Access is not
robust enough for them, Centura is.  From what I can tell on the Internet,
Centura is free shareware and I find it hard to believe it would be better
than Access.  Do you know anything about it?  I think the guy is blowing
smoke, but I don't really know.   Have you ever heard of it?

Does anyone know anything of this "Centura"?