[AccessD] A2003: Calculating tax amounts

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Aug 29 04:26:29 CDT 2008

Hi Darren

Still at 10%?

  http://databaseadvisors.com/pipermail/accessd/2005-January/030788.html

/gustav

>>> darren at activebilling.com.au 29-08-2008 04:07 >>>
Hi team

I have asked this years ago and can't find the answer nor the dB I performed it on :-(

I need to know the inclusive and exclusive tax components of a given amount

Here in OZ the tax rate on goods and services is 10 percent

So if I have a $150 tax Exclusive amount then the Tax inclusive amount is $165 - Simple

And whilst ever the tax rate is 10 percent I can divide by one 11th to get the Tax Exclusive amount - no prob

But I had a formula from some lovely person on this list that allowed this to be dynamically calculated regardless of the tax rate

Any clues?

Many thanks in advance

Darren