[AccessD] Error 3043 Disk or Network Error in runtime

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Dec 9 11:15:59 CST 2008

Hi Doug

Actually, that error message tends to exact; the error is outside your app and Access.
Could be caused by what it tells in any variation. Also, an aggressive antivirus thing could be in play ... in fact any thing that blocks or interrupts access to the data files.

/gustav

>>> dw-murphy at cox.net 09-12-2008 17:54 >>>
Folks,

We distribute an application as an Access 2002 runtime.  The installation is
done with Wise/Sagekey.  We have many copies of the application out. One of
our clients just installed the application and is getting an Access vba
error 3043 "Disk or Network Error".  This is a front/back end application
and both are on the same computer in the same folder. After the first report
of the problem I thought is was a bad installation so logged onto the
customers computer remotely, did a complet un-install of the application and
runtime and with a new installationg file re-installed it. Still get the
error.  The location of the error indicates that the relinker has run and we
are looking at the computers location settings to set our date, currency and
address masks to match. The routine that is breaking follows.  We have not
seen this problem before and I am wondering if there could be a dll
coruption, or missing somewhere. The operating system is Windows XP.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Doug