[AccessD] Scanning from Access to a file

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Dec 12 08:43:52 CST 2008

Hi Robert and John

Yes, that is the "scanning part" of csXImage. The two developers work together, and the "scanning parts" are close to identical.
The added "image part" of csXImage is quite powerful, indeed as those of Access are close to nil. And it can save images to PDF files which is what businesses request.

I have used the component for a document storage system where the documents are stored in TIFF with heavy compression bringing the image down to about 20K - small enough to be stored in an mdb file; at this size, one file can hold 100,000 pictures. I chose a setup with two mdb backend files, one for the "normal" data and one for the pictures stored in one table with fields for identification.

A tip for Access: A very simple and fast way to display a picture on screen is to load it as the background picture of a clean form.

/gustav

>>> robert at servicexp.com 12-12-2008 13:10 >>>
I'm using http://www.ciansoft.com/twaincontrolx/default.asp with very good
results.