[AccessD] Solution to Access Database Bloat Issue

Edward Zuris edzedz at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 16:56:20 CST 2008

 Here is one solution to Access database bloat issue.

 I cam across this solution while looking for an answer
 to another problem.

 With the example below, a 50 megabyte MDB file went down to
 ten megabytes and it became a little more snapper.

 1). From the run command I issued the fillowing line.

    C:\OfficeW2k\Office\msaccess.exe /decompile
"C:\KateUpload\zEmp027c2.mdb"

 2). After the decompile was finished I opened up the Access
     MDB file, went to modules.  Open one of them modules in
     design mode and did a Compile then file on the menu line
     and Saved everything.

 Going from 50 down to 10 megabytes is a big improvement.

 Please are there are warning not to over used the decompile switch.

 For more information please look at the following web sites.

   <http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0008.htm>
http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0008.htm

   <http://www.trigeminal.com/> http://www.trigeminal.com/

   <http://www.trigeminal.com/michka.asp?1033>