[AccessD] Error 3709 The search key was not found in any record

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Dec 31 16:14:42 CST 2008

Dear List:

I'm getting an error in A2007 which does not occur in A2003.  It is Error
3709: The search key was not found in any record. It happens in a line of
code reading Me.OrderBy = strSort, where strSort contains the fields by
which to sort the recordset.

I found one reference to this on the web which said it was due to a
corrupted record but since it works in 2003 and not 2007 I don't think
that's it.  In any event I went through the make table solution but no luck.

Has anyone seen this before and have a solution or an insight into the
problem?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software