[AccessD] Back End Bloat - Revisited

Edward Zuris edzedz at comcast.net
Wed Dec 31 21:48:39 CST 2008

 I have had good luck with Decompile to srink Bloat from
 time to time.

 Charlotte Foust warns us about some hidden system objects
 issues with Decompile.   So keep an eye out for that.

 Here is what I did.

 With the example below, a 50 megabyte MDB file went down to
 ten megabytes and it became a little more snapper.

 1). From the run command I issued the fillowing line.

    C:\OfficeW2k\Office\msaccess.exe /decompile
"C:\KateUpload\zEmp027c2.mdb"

 2). After the decompile was finished I opened up the Access
     MDB file, went to modules.  Open one of them modules in
     design mode do a Compile, then File on the menu line and
     save everything.

 The example went from 50 down to 10 megabytes, which is
 a big improvement.

 Please are there are warning not to over used the decompile switch.

 For more information please look at the following web sites.

  http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0008.htm

  http://www.trigeminal.com/

  http://www.trigeminal.com/michka.asp?1033