[AccessD] OT RE: Rar vs winzip

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Mon Feb 11 11:33:39 CST 2008

John, RAR is not as popular as is WinZip.  You would forcing others to
purchase RAR to uncompress your files.  That could be annoying.  Also, one
of the many reasons for the multi-core processors is so that you can do
multiple things at one time stretched across the processors which is
suppose to make you more productive; this is different from single core
processors.  But if an application consumes all processors then I would
have to think that is a flaw unless there is specifically an option to use
one or more processors.

If you are concerned about the zipping time then schedule it for
lunch/dinner or ...

Mike...