[AccessD] Word Mail Merge

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Wed Feb 13 12:59:36 CST 2008

Lawrence,

I wouldn't myself regard this as off-topic.

I think the answer to your question is Yes.  The basic concept of how I
would do it is make a Query in Access which returns the data you wnat in
the Word document(s), and then, from Word, create your merge document
and set the Access query as the data source for the merge.

Well, some versions of Word allow you to use an Access query directly as
the data source, and some don't.  Sometimes you have to use an Append
Query to write the merge data to a temporary table, and then use that as
the data source for the merge.  Or alternatively use TransferText in
Access to save the required data out to a text file (Word Merge format)
which you can then use for the merge data source.

Regards
Steve