[AccessD] MDB on the web

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Feb 14 15:40:20 CST 2008

Data corruption?  I guess it depends on the hit rates.  Both our
Intranet and our Internet sites are powered by Access .mdbs (several of
them).  We get almost 500 users a day on our website, and we have a
little over 200 users in house for our Intranet.  I have NEVER had a
corrupt database on ANY of these databases.  I have only ever had
corruption on .mdbs that have a non-web interface accessed across a
network. (with one exception involving a multi-threading experiment)

Now, one difference may also be the webserver itself.  An apache web
server (which I believe runs on Linux/Unix) may have issues with an
.mdb.  I run strictly IIS servers.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:55 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] MDB on the web

Hi Drew:

Some other people who have been using that type of system have had some
data
corruption when the hits rates increased. It may have nothing to do with
the
use 'Server.MapPath("/MyDatabase.mdb")' or it may be just the MDB or the
connection type used. Maybe it might be worth moving to MS SQL
Express...
the initial price is right???

Jim