[AccessD] Slow Openers

Darren D darren at activebilling.com.au
Tue Feb 19 23:36:37 CST 2008

Hi David

As far as I know - no - but if it can be done - Someone here will know :-)

However - I am in the same position as you
Laptop at work - Into network drives all day
Take laptop home - and things slow down
So I just have a batch file I double click in the morning when I get to work
And one I double click in the evenings

This of course can be automated through access and the batch files made to run
'hidden'
You can even shell the commands from access - No need for batch files
But I like to keep it in one file for portability outside Access

There are quite a few ways to achieve this - I use this method for its ease

Something like
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rem MakeConns.bat
@echo off
cls
net use N: \\ ServerNameHere juliet\EDrive\ClientFolders
net use W: \\ ServerNameHere juliet\CDrive
net use H: "\\ ServerNameHere hoseb\RAID5_01 (G)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then to "kill" 'em one by one
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rem KillConns.bat
@echo off
cls
net use /DELETE N: \\ ServerNameHere juliet\EDrive\ClientFolders
net use /DELETE W: \\ ServerNameHere juliet\CDrive
net use /DELETE H: "\\ ServerNameHere hoseb\RAID5_01 (G)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rem KillAllConns.bat
@echo off
Cls
NET USE * /DELETE
Rem un-rem the line below to do it without being prompted
Rem NET USE * /DELETE /Y

Hope this helps
Have a great day

Darren