[AccessD] Extract Field Names to Records

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:51:27 CST 2008

Chris, I think I understand what you are asking. ...

I had a db that got its data from a phone switch...unfortuantely the reports (all text files)had headers in weird places and were NOT formatted for import.  I imprted the files as fixed length...wrote a few query that would seach for the headers and text that did not belong and delete these rows...since the report was always in the same format...the offending rows all had the offending data in the same columns.  The data left I knew was good...and parsed it to the proper table.

Am I close?

Mark A. Matte