[AccessD] Extract Field Names to Records

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Feb 22 16:25:36 CST 2008

Hi Chris

Sorry about that "easily" ...

But didn't my second suggestion come close?
Further, remember that the content of the fields can be referenced by their ID as well:

  varValue = rst.Fields(n).Value

/gustav

>>> cclenright at yahoo.com 22-02-2008 22:57 >>>
Mark,

I believe so!

I did smile when I read Gustav's reply that contained the word "easily". Half the time with you guys I don't understand the questions let alone the answers. (Thanks Gustav, and I am still trying it).

OK ... Team Leaders are able to got to a website and manually input core times, diverted time, downtimes and resources but it is a long and tedious daily process. I found that the location was able to accept an Excel workbook and also could export it. So I exported the workbook, which has 4 w/sheets, and imported it into Access. So I have 4 tables and I can populate them and export them back to Excel to a workbook that can be uploaded.

The workbook has a fixed format. The only thing that changes is the employees. The problem is that the employees  are column headers in the workbook and therefore end up as  fields when imported to Access.

I am trying to find a piece of code that will extract the field names from the table and add them to tblNames under the one field fldNames so I can use them in a list box on a form.

Did I make myself totally confusing .. :)

lol

Chris