[AccessD] Code Help Please More Information

Joe Hecht joe at anamericanjoe.us
Fri Feb 29 08:23:13 CST 2008

I just saw I get the same error on case VB Yes. How can allow the change if
that is what they really want to do? See the rest here.

The following code is supposed warn when the value of a particular text gets
changed. You almost never want the value changed after the record is
created.

Private Sub txtQBInvoice_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

    If Me.txtQBInvoice = "" Then

        Else

    If Me.txtQBInvoice.Value <> Me.txtQBInvoice.OldValue Then

          Dim lngRetval As Long

  lngRetval = MsgBox( _

    "The Quick Books Invoice Number has changed." & vbCrLf & "" & vbCrLf &
"Do you want to change this Value?", _

    vbYesNo + vbExclamation + vbDefaultButton2, _

    "QB Invoice Number has been changed")

  Select Case lngRetval

    Case vbYes

        Me.txtQBInvoice.Value = Me.txtQBInvoice.Value

    Case vbNo

        Me.txtQBInvoice.Value = Me.txtQBInvoice.OldValue

   End Select

  End If

  End If

End Sub

I get error 2115  The Macro or function in the before update is preventing
access from saving the record.  This message occurs when I click the no
button and debug hilites the case vbNo.

What I want on the no click is for the value to be set to the old value and
move to the next field.

If this is a new record and there was no old value this check should not
run.

TIA

Joe Hecht

Joe at anamericanjoe.us