[AccessD] Conditional Formatting bug?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:56:43 CST 2008

Hi all,

I have an A2K app with one continuous form "browser" screen that displays a
calculated column called Balance that has conditional formatting. It is
behaving strangely so I'm wondering whether there is a bug in Access on
conditional formatting. There are two formats applied: if the balance is
negative, display it in red. If the balance is positive, display it in
green. The default is black. What happens here is that even with only one
rule, the red rule, all non-zero balances get colored red. It doesn't matter
whether I add the second rule or not. Just adding one conditional format
exhibits this behavior.

Can anyone verify that it works correctly on some A2K database? I mean, this
is so simple, it has to be a bug in Access.

TIA,
Arthur