[AccessD] Document Caused Serious Error

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Jan 3 14:07:15 CST 2008

What OS is the server running, Windows 2003?

I would look through the event log, and look for any errors in the
system or application logs. (Then google those events, to start tracking
down the problem).

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of David Emerson
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:19 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Document Caused Serious Error

OK - Further test results:

1) The same problem happens when I try it direct on the server.
2) I have applied all the Microsoft Office Updates - Same Problem.
3) I have run Detect and Repair from the help menu (ticking reset
defaults as well) - Same Problem.
4) I find that I don't even need to open the database program.  If I
open Access, then close it, then open it again, I get a message
"Access failed to start correctly last time.  Starting Access in safe
Mode will help you correct or isolate a start up problem in order to
successfully start the program.  Some functionality may be disabled
in this mode.".  Starting in safe mode doesn't seem to offer any
advice on how to solve the problem.

Any further thoughts?

David