[AccessD] Access 2007

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Wed Jan 9 16:16:06 CST 2008

Hi John,

Maybe that's a little bit off-topic - as an addition on Vista and .NET
Framework and MS SQl2005 stability (sorry that wasn't MS Access 2007) - a
sample of real world software I'm developing here, which I did run on Vista:

- this is .NET Framework 2.0/C# console test app + 6 DLLs talking to MS SQL
2005 Professional;
- it did run in 33 threads all talking to the same MS SQL 2005 back-end for
40+ hours non-stop;
- the RAM consumption of the app did stabilize around 12 MB;
- the generated text log was 650+ MB;
- it did verify rather sophisticated business rules implemented mainly in
code;
- it does have thousands of custom classes many of which are generated CRUD
but quite a few custom handmade programming ones;
- it did generate around 2500 x 20000+ test orders based on information from
about 3000000+ production tables' rows...
- it did run 2500 cycles in 33 threads removing all generated orders after
running each cycle...

Just a real life story...

(I'd think MS Access 2007 would also be that stable running custom apps on
Vista although everybody knows that MS Access 2.0, 97, 2003 - all were also
very stable when properly programmed...)

--
Shamil