[AccessD] Access 2007

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jan 10 07:41:50 CST 2008

LOL, No I don't need to chill out, I need someone to tell me how to get rid
of the damned ribbon bar or stop telling me how great Office 2007 is (when I
can't turn it off).

> John, I have no idea where you got this impression, and I have not
> seen this objection stated elsewhere.  However, the fact is that there
> is no reason to have a Ribbon, either the default ones or your own
> custom ones, on your application if your don't want to.  There are a
> number of ways to control this.

And those ways would be....????

>And I have seen this objection stated elsewhere.

Read this (I just stumbled across) and found amusing.

http://www.musicalnerdery.com/nerdery/unequivocal-undeniable-irrefutable-pro
of-that-the-new-office-2007-interface-sucks.html

and this

http://www.musicalnerdery.com/nerdery/corporate-hq-saves-the-day.html

<SMILE when you say that!>  ;-)

And don't rant on me about how it DOESN'T suck, I am not saying it does (or
doesn't), I truly don't have an opinion because I don't use it yet.  I am
just saying I want it gone from my applications.

So there ya go, and now I can "chill out".

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting