[AccessD] Clients and money

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:38:13 CST 2008

OK. But years ago, before ACCESS or FOXPRO etc, I used to write Database
Records using READ, PRINT, WRITE, WRITE APPEND, etc with a hash generated
key.
Could you perhaps do something similar using the AutoNumber as the key.
Don't ask me how to do it now, too many vodkas passed in the last 10 years
or so, but it should be achievable, 'cos that is how we used to create
databases.  No bloat etc.  Don't know about speed of access etc but it is
*fairly* low level stuff so should be pretty fast (particularly if compiled
and called once via an API and then left open for read/write).  I used to
use QuickBasic and similar to do it.  The Hash Key could be the Prime ID + a
Notes Key.

Even though you say you use JIT to minimise traffic, there must be tons of
memo content dragged over from what you are saying below.

>>TOP SECRET stuff happens there don't you know.  ;-)
Your not holding our two missing government CDs by any chance?  I know some
data went out to Omaha (is that spelt right?).

Max
Ps. If you could achieve this, what would that do for your reputation. 'The
fastest Call Centre in the West standing alongside the coolest water
cooler'.