[AccessD] Poll: who's using Access 2007

Barry G. Herring barry.herring at att.net
Fri Jan 11 14:20:06 CST 2008

I have found that if it crash in access 2003 with vista, if you compact and
repair on a system that is running vista and access 2007 sometimes it will
correct the issue.

One of the issues that I have is I cannot compact an repair a access 2003
database on a vista System; So I have to either find one with windows XP and
access 2003 or Vista and Access 2007.

Currently we have a Evaluation copy of Windows Vista (32) (SP1) (Business)
installed from Microsoft; Access does not seem to shut down for no apparent
reason (well not as often).

Yes I to save a copy of anything I am going to work on, before I start any
coding or design changes.

Do not seem to have as many problems with an ADP, just the MDB files. Maybe
it is just another way for Microsoft to force users to develop on SQL. (Just
my thoughts on the conspiracy that MS is trying to take over the world.)

We have clients using both Vista and XP on the same project and have not had
any problems with them using the programs concurrently; all the problems
seems to be on the developing side. We did have some issues with Access 2003
(SP3) when it came out, but made a few changes and all is working fine now.

Barry