[AccessD] It MUST be Friday

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jan 15 18:13:34 CST 2008

This just in from PC Magazine:

We don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves, but the next couple of
decades could dramatically change computing. We look forward to delving into
these advances in future issues of PC Magazine.

2014 	Wireless chip integration onto the CPU die and advance coprocessing
2016 	Hybrid laptops with solar cells and lithium ion batteries
2018 	System cache size big enough to run operating systems
2022 	"Spintronics," technology that changes the quantum spin of
electrons. Some call this "quantum computing."
2027 	Holographic processing, with advanced -projection technology, to
allow users to do away with displays

Notice that in 2018 we are supposed to have cache size (on the processor)
large enough to run operating systems.

Obviously PC Magazine has never seen VISTA.  ;-)

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting