[AccessD] VBA going away (Not for more than 10 years)

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Wed Jan 16 10:01:56 CST 2008

Steve,

You did interpret correctly.  If MS supports a product that uses VBA for X
time, then it will support VBA for that same time.  VBA is not a separate
product that has a its own support lifecycle.

I just found this article from Patrick Smith - a MS employee.  He states
that the version of Office after 2007 will also support VBA (news to me!),
so VBA will be supported for 10 more years after THAT release.  If that
happens in, say, 2010, then VBA will be supported till 2020.
http://blogs.msdn.com/patricksmith/archive/2006/03/24/560425.aspx

Read the paragraph at the end of this page about VBA 'going away':
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa159886(office.11).aspx#odc_ofcomp
arevba6andvsto_isvba60goingaway

This talks about discontinuation of VBA Licensing:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/isv/bb190542.aspx

This appears to be MS's home page for VBA:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/isv/bb190538.aspx

Perhaps this will help more!
Dan