[AccessD] Virtual PC

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jan 17 10:11:05 CST 2008

Hi Michael

Or "even" WinConnect Server XP:

http://www.thinsoftinc.com/product_thin_client_winconnect_server_xp.aspx

We've used that for several clients - from a couple of users to 20 users.
Easy to set up and licensing is cheap and a snap compared to the troublesome administration of Windows Terminal Server.

/gustav

>>> mmattys at rochester.rr.com 17-01-2008 16:57 >>>
In the thread "Citrix Access Essentials and Access" (Tuesday, Jan 15th),
John Colby recommended using a Virtual PC for each user run from a
common server.

I have a request from a potential client who will need to synchronize appx
8 computers to a central database. Therefore, I would like ask for comments
on the Virtual PC methodology as to how it would fare versus Jet Replication
and Citrix or even Terminal Server. (Pros/Cons)

Michael R. Mattys
MapPoint & Access Dev
www.mattysconsulting.com