[AccessD] DLL needed to prevent mouse scroll to new record.

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Wed Jan 23 00:31:52 CST 2008

Hey All,

' ---------------------------------------
''- x posted to Excel-L mailing list - apologies if you get this twice.

I am new to this list after folks on the Access-L list recommended this group, I don't normally ask favours on day one of being on a list, but I have a deadline, this is very straight forward if you have Visual Basic 6.0 and I would help me out a lot.

Quick Overview: Need to prevent the user using the mouse scroll wheel to move to a new record. Found code that does that from MS themselves, but it is pretty darn wobbly if the code lives 100% in the VBE - MS don't recommend this and do recommend using the DLL. Trouble is I do have access to VB6.0 to whip this up.

So does anyone feel like creating an ActiveX DLL for me?  There is bugger all work involved as all the code is a 'copy/paste' job from the website listed below.

This is actually for a Access database I am working on and whilst I can (and have) install(ed) the code directly in Access it is not recommended by MS (and I can see why, but I have no choice as we dont have VB6 at work and it does make the project unstable at times).

If anyone has VB6.0 and doesn't mind following these simple instructions (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278379) and emailing back the DLL, it would be much appreciated.

Or if anyone has any better suggestions I would love to hear them.

Many thanks and regards

Darryl.

This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information and are intended for the named addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. It is your responsibility to check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses.  No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's responsibility.  The sender's entire liability will be limited to resupplying the material.