[AccessD] Getting a handle to hidden word instance

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:11:50 CST 2008

John, what do you mean by hidden? The following code is pretty typical and
it's probably what you're already using. My guess is this hidden business is
something different?

Susan H.

  Dim appWord As Word.Application

  Dim doc As Word.Document

  'Avoid error 429, when Word isn't open.

  On Error Resume Next

  Err.Clear

  'Set appWord object variable to running instance of Word.

  Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application")

  If Err.Number <> 0 Then

    'If Word isn't open, create a new instance of Word.

    Set appWord = New Word.Application

  End If

Susan H.