[AccessD] Word Table to text Import into Acess 2003

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Sat Jan 26 08:44:23 CST 2008

Hey All
I have an inherited Word Table that I would like to bring into Access
2003. I have followed the intructions of selecting the table and then
converting it to text using a % delimiter character   (checked table
data no % used whereas commas are used in the table) and saving it as a
text only file.
When Word converts the table to text, the format is kinda of goofy.
Simple example
Word Table column headers are converted to
Reference Number% Date
% Category % Action % Required %
When I try to import it into Access or Excel I get column headers
Reference Number     Date
                                  Category   Action  Required  being
the first row of data
1                                 July 31/07
   being the second row of data
It gets worse with the text in the rows. I can manually go in and fix
the text file.
I have not done this before I am missing something obvious here???

Thanks