[AccessD] Old Dog - New Tricks

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sat Jan 26 13:23:41 CST 2008

Hi Rocky,

Go ASP.NET.
Your E-Z-MRP should be relatively easy to port to ASP.NET: I mean the way
you do organize your GUI in E-Z-ERP is rather similar to the pure ASP.NET
apps, IOW ASP.NET apps without AJAX and all other "goodies", which you can
add later, when first ASP.NET port ready and you get first experience with
ASP.NET (if that port is the goal of you and your customers)...

ASP.NET embraces everything in .NET technology except WinForms, which anyway
are getting a kind of obsolete replaced by WPF with XAML, XBAP and
SilverLight...

MS SQL Server 2005 Express edition should be good enough for small
businesses, when needed you can seamlessly switch to full MS SQL Server 2005
edition...

--
Shamil