[AccessD] VB Express Compare to Access (was: Old Dog -NewTricks)

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Sun Jan 27 21:25:50 CST 2008

I agree with Shamil with 1 exception.
Complex CR reports will drive you nuts!

cheers

Michael M

Peter Vogel's article could have been about VS.NET2003/.NET Framework
1.1 - I'd think that VS2005/.NET Framework 2.0 is as RAD as MS Access
but much more powerful and scalable and quick and stable, when doing
advanced programming...

VS2005 Professional version has Crystal Reports (CR), and CR runtime is
free. And CR allows making much trickier reports than MS Access Report
engine does. Although CR in VS2005 professional has limited IDE design
features comparing with full CR version but only design features are
limited all the rest is same as in full CR version...

Another MS Web technology is called ATL Server - this is for C++/ATL/COM
geeks mainly...

Another one is SilverLight based on WPF....

There is also XBAP...

Etc.

--
Shamil