[AccessD] Same FE open twice (or more)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jan 31 11:06:58 CST 2008

Hi John

That is quite easy if you can persuade the users to launch your app via a shortcut (and if you read the command line when launching the app, you can quit if no params exists - see recent thread on this) which forces the frontend to be opened exclusively. If opened already, catch that error and display a message.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 31-01-2008 17:48 >>>
Is there any way to discover that a user has opened the database more than
one time?  I have users who do this, and while I don't care, I think that it
might be causing issues.  I have built a rather elaborate error logging
system to log error number, error message, code module, function, line
number, workstation, user, time and date.  I have the majority of errors
coming from specific users and am trying to discover why.  Some of them have
mentioned that they do use the FE opened more than once at a time so I want
to check if these specific users are doing that at the instance that the
error occurs.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting