[AccessD] Email Signatures

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Jul 8 12:33:56 CDT 2008

Dear List:

In a legacy app there are two places where the user can generate an email to
the client.  IN both of these places the code is identical:

CreateOutlookEmail_MailTo varSubject:=strSubject,
varTo:=strEmailAddressesTo, varCC:=strEmailAddressesCc, _
    varBCC:=strEmailAddressesBcc, varMessage:=strWholeStory

where I've set up the TO, Cc, and Bcc addresses in the strings.

The sub is:

Public Function CreateOutlookEmail_MailTo(Optional varSubject As Variant,
Optional varTo As Variant, _
                                   Optional varCC As Variant, Optional
varBCC As Variant, _
                                   Optional varMessage As Variant, Optional
varAttachmentPath As Variant) As Boolean

'Creates an Outlook e-mail for the user to send.
'This method is the same as the MailTo method, which does not involve the
Outlook security prompt.
'1/12/07

When I call this email function from one form the email generated includes
the default signature which I have set up in Outlook.  When I call it from
the other form, there's no signature.  Code's identical (seemingly).  Any
ideas on why the difference?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software