[AccessD] vba generic code move focus to next control

Kath Pelletti kp at sdsonline.net
Thu Jul 10 21:19:23 CDT 2008

Hi all -

I am looking for some code/command to move focus to the next control on a subform . Before I start mucking around with retrieving the tab index for the current control and trying to use that to move to the next one, just want to check. Am I missing something simple? Is there some simple command or code which would do something like 'GotoControl - Next?'

I could (of course) nominate the name of the control I want to go to but as I will need to use this code for many controls, i want something generic.
tia
Kath

Existing code for subcontrol:

Private Sub SpecialDiet_AfterUpdate()
Dim strerrormsg As String
On Error GoTo Err_Handler

Me.DateLastRevised = CurrentDate()
Me.Parent.Requery
Me.SpecialDiet.setfocus
'TAB  TO NEXT CONTROL

Normal_exit:
    DoCmd.SetWarnings True
    Exit Sub
Err_Handler:
    MsgBox "Error: [" & Err.Number & "]  " & IIf(Len(strerrormsg) > 0, strerrormsg, Err.Description), vbCritical, "Error Message"
    Resume Normal_exit
End Sub

Kath Pelletti
Software Design and Solutions Pty Ltd