[AccessD] Saving an Email to a folder

Tue Jul 15 11:26:19 CDT 2008

I can send you an example Access db that does just that - saves the contents
of an Outlook folder to a file system folder, optionally including
sub-folders.

I'll send if off-list.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Rocky Smolin at
Beach Access Software
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11:19 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] Saving an Email to a folder

Dear List:

I have a client whose app generates emails.  They're using Outlook. That's
working OK.

What he wants now is to save the email which is generated in a folder.  I
see that I can drag and drop an email from my Outlook into a folder and it
makes a.msg file.  And anything you can do manually in Office you can
generally do through code.  I've got the path to the folder.

But I don't know how to go about doing this programmatically.  Does anyone
know or have a code snip to do this?

MMTIA,

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software