[AccessD] Access Requests

Wed Jul 23 12:32:43 CDT 2008

Ctrl+F6 is totally standard. It is, and always has been, the key combination
that you use to cycle though the open windows of a single MDI application.
Alt-TAB is the standard way of cycling though all the open applications.

In this context the VBA editor is one application, and the MSAccess window
is another application: you'll see them both listed as such in Task Manager.

Alt-Tab 'works' when you use the "Show Windows In Taskbar" option as that
forces Access to treat each MDI window in the Access application as if it
was a discreet SDI window. Leave that option unchecked and you'll find that
Ctrl-F6 cycles the database object windows too. I never figured out why
anyone would want to clutter their taskbar with all those extra icons, so I
never use that option myself :-)

HTH

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jennifer Gross
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:13 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Access Requests

Thanks Gustav.  That will take a bit of getting used to and may not be any
easier than going to the mouse.  It still would be great if it were on the
"standard" Alt-Tab so that if you Alt-Tab'd to the modules window you didn't
then have to switch to Ctl-F6 to move between modules.  Just like moving
between open forms, reports and tables uses Alt-Tab if I Show Windows.

Jennifer