[AccessD] OT - Cross Post Learning VB.Net

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 24 03:56:04 CDT 2008

To all,

I want to start learning Visual Basic .Net, I did download VB 2005 Express,
C++ 2005 Express, C# 2005 Express & SQL Server 2005 Express, but
unfortunately didn't actually get around to playing with them.

I have noticed that 2008 Express editions are now available, would it be
worth using these instead of the 2005 Express editions ?

Also, I would class myself as an intermediate to advanced VB6 developer,
does anyone have any good suggestions on books, free web tutuorials that
would get me started, I don't mind going right back to the beginning if I
have to to learn this, as I am falling behind a long way.

Oops another thought, does anyone know if there is anything like an ASP.Net
Express edition or similar  (or am I being thick lol)

Thanks in advance for any help on this....

--
Paul Hartland
paul.hartland at googlemail.com