[AccessD] Positioning a form with MoveSize command

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Jul 25 13:37:51 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a set of forms that I want to have always open at a certain
position.  I've put this code into the On Activate event for each form:
- - -
DoCmd.MoveSize 6000, 1200
- - -

This set of forms simulates the Access Switchboard.  The Main Menu form
has buttons for opening the Member Information Menu form and the
Contribution Information Menu, etc.  The Member Information Menu form
has a set of buttons, one of which recalls the Main Menu form (and
closes the Member Information Menu form).  If I use the Main Menu button
on the Member Information Menu, the Main Menu opens and is correctly
positioned at 6000 twps from the left and 1200 twps from the top.  And
navigating among the three menu forms is working fine - each form, when
opened by the On Click event of the appropriate button, opens at the
correct location.

However, if I open any one of these forms by double-clicking its icon in
the Forms container, the form is located a little bit higher than the
1200 twps - I don't know the exact number, but it is clearly higher than
it should be.  If I start with the Main Menu form and click the button
to open the Member Information Menu, that form opens in the correct
position, slightly lower than the Main Menu.  If I then click the Main
Menu button on the Member Information Menu, the Main Menu moves to the
correct position and the Member Information Menu closes.

I've tried the DoCmd.MoveSize 6000, 1200 in the On Open, On Load, On
Resize, On Current, and On Activate events, and I've been unable to get
the forms (any one of them - they all do this thing) to open at the
correct position when launched via double-click on their icon in the
forms container.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any guidance,
Tina