[AccessD] Date Conversion Problem

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Jun 3 19:10:32 CDT 2008

Dear List:

I have a license expiration date encrypted in a key. I decode the expiration
date when the user starts the app and store it in a string which I then set
to a date type variable for display.

Works fine here.  The expiration date is 7/1/2008.  So I assemble the date
in a string = "07/01/08".  Then I set that equal to a variable of Date type
-gdatExpirationDate =  gstrExpirationDate - and gdatExpirationDate has
7-1-2008 in it.

When I set regional and Language to Chinese (PRC) of Chinese (Taiwan)
however, gdatExpirationDate has 2007-1-8.

I can't figure out how to make the date display correctly from the string I
assemble from the key regardless of the Regional and Language Settings.

Is there a way to do this so I don't have to know what the setting is?

MTIA

Rocky