[AccessD] Report With MEMO

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:07:16 CDT 2008

I wrote an app a couple of years back that created several Word documents
that were contracts based on various data entered. The code is not really
generic, but if you like I could send it to you. The approach I took was to
create the initial Word documents with a bunch of bookmarks in them, then
from Access I wrote code to open an instance of Word with the said document.
The Access code used the standard recordset code to grab the data. I then
walked through the bookmarks and assigned text to them drawn from the
recordset.  It worked extremely well. The code was not particularly complex
but it was lengthy because the several documents I had to produce amounted
to about a dozen pages per "record" (by which I mean a row in a view -- data
from several records)

If you want the code, let me know and I'll send it offline.

Arthur