[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jun 10 14:18:03 CDT 2008

 > #1. You should NEVER have two users trying to edit the
same field in the same record at the same time, where BOTH
values being entered are correct.  (ie, there should only be
one right 'Last Name' for a person, yes, it may change, but
there is only one correct value for it)

HORSHESHIT!  Hmmm... not enough emphasis there.

!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!

I have NO IDEA what world YOU live in but in my world people
can change whatever they want whenever they want.  Person A
writes the name in the last name field from a hastily
scribbled form filled out by hand by a person who has a
sixth grade education.  Person B is reading a form with the
information for that SAME person typed in by a doctor
office, the last name is different.  They can change it if
they wish.  Person C is on the phone with the mother of that
person.  They are verifying the information and mom says "no
the name is spelled XXXXX.  That person can change it.  It
is NOT MY JOB to tell any of these people that they cannot
change the information in the database.

!!!!THEY MIGHT BE DOING THESE THINGS AT THE SAME INSTANT!!!!!

!!!!I MAY NEED TO DO THAT IN AN UNBOUND FORM!!!!

NOW, DREW, THAT IS LEGAL.  I AM !!!NOT!!! GOING TO DESIGNING
A TRANSACTION SYSTEM TO SAVE EVERY CHANGE EVER ENTERED BY
ANYONE IN A BRAND NEW RECORD AS A CONTINUOUS HISTORY.  MY
CLIENT DID NOT ASK FOR THAT, WILL NOT PAY ME FOR THAT AND IT
AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

!!!!I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT!!!!

!!!YOU!!! ARE AN ARROGANT ASS IF YOU THINK ONLY YOU KNOWS
WHAT IS LEGAL OR POSSIBLE IN THIS WORLD.

Go away.  FAR FAR AWAY.  JOIN THE FOREIGN LEGIONS AND TRY TO
CONVERT SOMEONE ELSE TO YOUR INSOLENT IDEAS.  Quite
obviously I do not need, nor WANT your responses.

Please do NOT respond to this thread EVER AGAIN.  In case
you do not YET understand.....

!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!

......to your silly ideas.

Hmmmm.... I fear that I STILL was not speaking plainly enough...

!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!HORSHESHIT!!!!

......to your silly ideas.

Hmmmm.... I fear that I STILL was not speaking plainly enough...

If you want to post solutions for questions I did not ask,
please feel free to do so, in some other thread.  Hmmm... I
COULD SWEAR THAT I MADE THAT REQUEST BEFORE...